Written by Roger Alderman
Narrated by Henry Brandt
After a near-death experience changes a young orphaned child’s life forever, the benevolent Dr. Stadler uses his bleeding-edge therapy to help her and other children at his group home return to a life of normalcy.
This short story brings to life the challenges faced when trying to help a small group of children survive their common pasts. The characters in the story include:
- Rodney: Nearly froze to death but watched as his sister was taken
- Julie: Almost successful in her final attempt to end her life but was plucked from the moment of death
- Tyler: A teen substance abuser was saved by emergency room doctors after overdosing
- Anna: A young orphan who narrowly survived her brush with death due to a house fire
- John: Felt the jaws of his uncles’ feral dogs around his throat but was saved by from death by paramedics
- Emily: The only child who has never had a brush with death
What do all the residents of The Stadler Group Home truly have in common? The answer will shock and terrify you.
To request this audiobook, complete the form below.
After listening to your free audiobook, please consider leaving a review at Audible. Even brief reviews help authors, narrators and audiobook listeners.